Soldier in God's Army

Soldier in God's Army
Soldier in God's Army

Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year's Weekend


Well, these last few weeks have gone by faster than usual. We're still stuck in a trio, but I have a feeling that an emergency transfer is coming up Sunday night, not sure why. We'll see what happens.

We had a zone activity on the first, and that was pretty fun. I dominated in dodgeball and aeroindio. Pretty awesome. And my glutes were killing me for 4 days afterwards. I gotta start running and jump-roping more often. 

I found a pole and decided to punch it in half. Then I fixed it and kicked it into the exact same spot. Pretty awesome.

The work here is starting to kick up. We have more work since now we have the entire ward to one companionship, and we have had a bit more success. We set 3 baptismal dates last week. Liliana and her 2 sons, Felix and Francisco. Liliana just needs to start attending church regularly and stop drinking coffee and she's good to go. We have her set for February 9th, and I have high hopes for her.

Nobody showed up at church on Sunday as far as investigators go, but we're not letting that get us down. We have a few other investigators, but not too many are progressing. We're thinking this week is gonna be better and busier. At least, that's what we're hoping for.

Well I'm probably gonna take my suit in to get refitted this week. It's fine on the shoulders, but the belly part is huge. And don't even get me started on the pants. 3 words: humongous.

Well I gotta go now. I'm working like an ant and I'm trying to be the best I can be. If there's anything I've learned in the past many weeks, it's that God blesses us through our trials. He helps us gain the Christ-like attributes we pray for by giving us something that makes us use that very attribute, such as pacience with a hard area or companion.

TTFN!



No comments:

Post a Comment